CICS Avalon (K-8)
CICS Avalon Callouts
- Recognized by Mayor Rahm Emanuel in 2013-2014 for academic excellence
- High value placed on student character development and school virtues of respect, diligence, perseverance, compassion, integrity, and grit
- The Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) measures the percent of individual students
meeting and/or exceeding set growth targets based on normative data.
- NWEA measures of 50-70% of students meeting their individual growth targets are considered above average
- NWEA measures greater than 70% of students meeting their individual growth target are considered exemplary
- Growth index measures the amount of points on NWEA’s scale in which a student or group
is above or below typical growth.
Location and Contact
1501 East 83rd Street
Phone: 1 773-721-0858
Lindsey Robinson (K-4)
Mary Griffin (5-8)