STUDENTS & FAMILIES
Complete the appropriate application (elementary or high school).
YOU MUST INCLUDE:
• Proof of Chicago residency. Valid proof of residency includes: Utility bill, medical card, payroll stub, voter registration card, or mortgage statement. Note: ID, lease, or cell phone bill not accepted as proof of address.
• Copy of child's birth certificate, passport, or legal guardianship papers. No notarized letters accepted. You must also list the CICS campuses you'd like your child to attend, in order of preference. You may apply to as many campuses as you like, as long as that campus has your child's grade level.
• The application must arrive at the CICS main office by the Friday prior to the lottery date.
• If you mailed your application, we recommend that you call a week after mailing to confirm its receipt.
• If you faxed your application, please call 15 minutes after it was faxed to confirm its receipt.
• Students who apply after the lottery date will be assigned a place at the requested campus, if space is available, or on the appropriate waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis.
Chicago International Charter School
11 E. Adams St., Suite 600
Chicago, IL 60603
Fax: (312) 651-5001
Online: Apply Now
If the lottery assigns your child a seat at one of our campuses, you will receive a letter from CICS with enrollment procedures. Otherwise, you will receive a waiting list letter.
What is CICS Jackson?
CICS Jackson is an elementary charter school that opened in August 2010 with a school day and school year that are longer than those of traditional public schools. There is a school uniform policy, a code of conduct, and a college preparatory curriculum. Students are eligible for transportation provided by the Rockford School District in accordance with district busing policy.
Where is CICS Jackson located, and will more grades be added?
CICS Jackson is located in at 315 Summit Street. Rockford, IL 61107. The school opened with 270 students in grades K-4 and will expand to K-8 for the 2014-2015 school year.
Who will attend the school?
Any child residing in School District 205 who will be entering grades K-8 in the fall of 2014 may apply.
How do I enroll my child?
Parents must complete a New Student Application and mail to or drop off at CICS Jackson (315 Summit Street, Rockford, IL 61107), or fax to 815-316-0170.
Complete the appropriate application including:
The application must arrive at CICS Jackson Rockford, IL office by the Friday prior to the lottery date.
315 Summit Street
Rockford, IL 61107
Fax: (815) 316-0170
We recommend that you call a week after submitting your application to confirm its receipt.
Students who apply after the lottery date will be assigned a place at the requested campus, if space is available, or on the appropriate waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis
If the lottery assigns your child a seat at one of our campuses, you will receive a letter from Chicago International with enrollment procedures.
The following CICS campuses have seats availalbe. Please apply today to claim your spot!
CICS conducts an annual computerized lottery each spring. The lottery randomly and fairly assigns students to open places at the campuses.
Once all available spaces are filled at a particular campus, the lottery assigns students to the waiting list. All lotteries are open to the public. To ensure that all students are treated equally and fairly, a third-party auditor certifies the lottery, and the lists are printed, dated, and time-stamped.