The types of donor information that CICS collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, organization, address, telephone number and email address;
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
- Giving information: the amount of gift, date of transaction, giving designation, the form of gift (cash, securities, etc.)
Payment information, including credit card number, expiration date, and billing information, are used only for donation and payment processing. This information is not maintained following the completion of processing.
CICS assures our donors that their donation information is handled with respect and confidentiality by:
- Ensuring all staff, board members, volunteers and consultants subscribe to the confidentiality of donor records and gift information;
- Ensuring personally identifiable data will not be sold, rented, or marketed to non-affiliated third parties; and
- Respecting the wishes of donors who prefer their gift to remain confidential.
If you wish to learn more about CICS’ commitment to donor privacy, please contact the CICS Finance Department at.