The types of donor information that CICS collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, organization, address, telephone number and email address;
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
- Giving information: amount of gift, date of transaction, giving designation, form of gift (cash, securities, etc.)
Payment information, including credit card number, expiration date, and billing information, are used only for donation and payment processing. This information is not maintained following completion of processing.
CICS assures our donors that their donation information is handled with respect and confidentiality by:
- Insuring all staff, board members, volunteers and consultants subscribe to confidentiality of donor records and gift information;
- Insuring personally identifiable data will not be sold, rented or marketed to non-affiliate third parties; and
- Respecting the wishes of donors who prefer their gift to remain confidential.